Tucked away in Victoria Park, Civic Tavern is a great place to try some of the best craft beer that Alberta has to offer.
Civic Tavern was established in the fall of 2018. Taking the reins from the iconic Hop In Brew, we continued their legacy by serving up amazing Alberta Craft Beer, Cider and Mead and pairing them with fresh, homemade food. We are well known for our delicious pizza but we have expanded our menu to include nachos, quesadillas, and small bites. We are hoping to add salads and desserts in the near future. Where possible, we source as local as possible and much of our menu is made from scratch.
Civic Tavern’s interior is warm, cozy and inviting and is reminiscent of visiting a friend’s house. Most of the interior pays homage to the previous Hop In Brew and most of the woodwork is original and created by the previous owner. The pub boasts two levels, each with its own outside space. The upper level offers a standard slate pool table and a tournament grade foosball table.
Some fun facts about us:
– We support local business… our taps are 100% Alberta craft!
– All of our food is handmade from scratch (not frozen), and its worth the wait!
– We’re modeled after British pubs, so we don’t do traditional table service; come up and see us at the bar!
– We have WiFi now
– The building was originally built in 1911 making us one of the oldest buildings in Calgary
– This space has been a pub for 24 years
– We host corporate events, meetings, birthday parties, fundraisers and more!